Good Shops: The Rocket! Ypsilanti, MI

image via The Rocket


I love finding quirky, interesting places to pop into while I am exploring Michigan. One of those great spots I found on my Visit Ypsi tour was The Rocket in Ypsilanti.

Insider Info.

Stop for a sweet. The Rocket is filled with all varieties of bulk yumminess along with those hard to find candy bars and sweet things from your childhood. A perfect stop when you need to find just the "right" candy bar. As I walked through the candy aisles it was more like taking a walk down memory lane than stopping in a current shop. You and your kids will love it. See what they have stocked, here.









Grab a gift. I wish I could describe all the good things I found in the packed store, but there was just too much! If you need a real gift, a gag gift or just something fun for a child or good friend, this is a fantastic place to stop.

They have everything from lunch boxes and kites to retro toys and Ford Motor Company memorabilia from cult TV show souveniers and party supplies to science experiments. If it puts a smile on your face or makes you chuckle, you will find it here.




Outfit yourself. I saw lots of Michigan t-shirts that I would have loved to wear...and not just college ones. They stock a great selection.


Watch your kids. While this is a friendly spot, it is also a store full of items little kids would love to get their hands on, so if you have little ones, I would suggest a stroller or a careful eye (or both)...especially around the bulk candy or you might end up buying the entire bin.



Enjoy the company. The disposition of the associates matches the light-hearted and familiar vibe of the store. You are certain to be treated like a neighbor at The Rocket.


If you go.

Address. 122 West Michigan Ave. Ypsilanti, MI

Hours. M-Sa: 11am-8pm Sun: 11am-5pm

Parking. There is no parking lot but it is easy to find a spot in Ypsi.

Take a virtual tour. Click here.

Shop online. Click here.

Looking for more fun in Ypsilanti? Click here.

Labels: , , , ,