Check out last week's post about the Webster Fall Festival. Looks like it will be a great event tomorrow!
This is my first guest post by long time Ann Arbor/Saline explorer, Carolyn Newman. She has shared many great tips with me and I can't wait to hear more from her! If you have a post you would like to share on my blog, please contact me!
The annual Webster Fall Festival is coming up this weekend and it is a must-do event! Our families loves going because of all the great food and activities. You will find:
- Hayrides $2 per person, $5 per family Barrel Train Rides 50 cents each
- Boy Scout Log Cabin with food for sale (homemade baked goods, beverages, and products from local farmers)
- Children's craft tent, pony rides, haymaze, petting zoo (horses, llamas, rabbits, chicks)
- Horseshoes, working dog demonstrations, rescue and herding dogs, artisans, large exhibition of 19th century machines
- Exhibits of 19th century life including an old school with a schoolmarm, fabric making techniques (wool spinning), and original outside water pump (kids love this one), and a blacksmith shop
- Free performances by music groups, poets, etc.
- Church lady luncheon of sloppy joes, soups, pies and a pig roast
- Huge rummage sale in an old barn and a live auction for larger, more valuable items
If you are planning on attending, please check out their website (linked below) for more specific times and activities.
What: The Annual Webster Fall FestivalWhen: Saturday, September 28 10am-7pmWhere: 5484 Webster Church Road, Dexter, MI 48130Cost: Free entrance and parking (food and some activities cost extra) BRING CASHWebsite for activities: http://www.websterfallfestival.org/Website for auction: http://www.braunandhelmer.com/index.htmDirections: From US-23, exit west on North Territorial Road (Exit 49), go west for approx. 3.5 miles to Webster Church Rd. (flashing yellow light), turn left (south) and go one-mile to the Fall Festival. (5484 Webster Church Road, Dexter MI, 48130)
From I-94, exit Zeeb Road north (Exit 169). Follow Zeeb Road approx. 3 miles north (over and past the Huron River). Turn right (east) onto Joy Road and proceed 1 mile east. Turn left onto Webster church Road and proceed 1 miles north to the Webster Fall Festival. (5484 Webster Church Road, Dexter MI, 48130)
Labels: fall, festivals