My mom just gave our family an early Valentine's gift that we love, STOMPLE!
We love games, but we had never heard of Stomple. So, we busted it out last night and it is so much fun! It is a marble game that involves a lot of luck and a little strategy and everyone in our family enjoyed it. Even my 2 1/2 year old could participate as we told him carefully what to do.
A few reasons it is our favorite new game:
- you can play it with any amount of players from 2-6 and it is equally fun
- if you want to use strategy to win, you can, but sometimes luck is still the most important thing
- it doesn't take a large amount of skill, so all members of the family have a pretty fair shot at winning, but if you are playing with older kids who enjoy strategy, it's possible to make it more intense
- the rounds go quickly (we finished one round in about 7 minutes), but you can play for points to make it more complicated...sometimes it is nice to just have a game that only takes a few minutes to complete
- it isn't cards or dice, so it was great to mix things up
- kids can play it on their own without adult guidance
- and last but not least, my 2 year old has been obsessed with it, so we have used it all day to learn his colors!
So, if you are looking for a family Valentine's gift that helps your family think and gives them something to enjoy together, we loved Stomple!
Available at Toys R Us, Amazon and Barnes and Noble from $12.98-$19.99
Labels: gifts, Indoor Fun, valentines