My eyes have always been more practical than decorative. They've done a nice job performing their required function, but they are just Blah...light brown, a bit deep set, small eyelids, short lackluster eyelashes, and to quote one esthetician in DC, "Horrible eyebrows!"
I'm at peace with my below average eyes and often wear no eye make up at all, usually playing up my lips and smile with a great lipstick, but it doesn't mean I don't sometimes wish I had doe-like eyes, eyelashes for days, and perfect brows. When eyelash extensions hit the market, I thought I would be the perfect candidate, until I realized you actually had to keep them up and pay for them, two things I wouldn't likely do.
So, when a friend sent me some mascara that she promised would change my life, I was more than skeptical. I had already tried all the mascaras that promised "fuller, thicker, longer lashes," and nothing had delivered. But, trying never hurts, right? So, I whipped out the Younique 3D Fiber Lash Mascara and gave it a shot. I was so shocked with the result, I just stared and stared. For one, you put it on just like mascara...even someone like me can't mess it up, and two, it legitimately made my lashes fuller and longer. With 2 coats, I had eyelashes you could actually see (but not ones that looked unnatural or a little scary)! I was beyond thrilled and must admit, spent more time looking in the mirror than usual.
I went to Mother's Day dinner and my mom and sisters noticed and thought I was wearing fake eyelashes or had done Latisse (proof of how lame my real lashes are since these just made me look "normal"). I was sold for life on the mascara. Some just use it for special occasions, which is what I thought I would do, but I am a bit addicted to having eyelashes for the first time ever.
|Please forgive the horrible lighting, obvious wrinkles, and kind of scary eye selfies...it was the best I could do :).|
I loved the mascara so much, I was basically walking around selling it, so I just decided to sell it myself. If you are interested in ordering, click HERE. If you want a little more info, here are more details:
- It's $29. I know, a little pricey, especially since all my make-up comes from Walmart and is usually under 8 bucks, but even I think it is worth it.
- There are two tubes, one has the mascara, the other has the 3D Fibers. You swipe one on, then the other, then seal it with the first. You do not have to be a make-up professional. Could not be easier. More details here.
- Makes your lashes both fuller and longer. Seriously, I cannot believe it.
- You may want to use an eyelash curler (my friend with longer eyelashes needed it so her lashes didn't get in her line of vision and I need it because mine are so straight) and you may want an eyelash brush so you don't get spider eyes.
- You can make the effect as dramatic as you want by the number of coats you decide to use.
- The 3D Mascara (and all Younique products) are made from naturally based ingredients. The fibers are green tea fibers, so no worries about what you are putting on your eyes. Really, kind of amazing. You can check out all the ingredients HERE.
- The mascara is water resistant, but it comes off with warm water...no soap required, which is awesome since I am also not great at washing my face.
- Younique sells lots of other make-up I have heard great things about, all the contouring products, eyeshadows, lip gloss, and especially the Brilliant Face Cream, which after these unflattering photos, I think I need. Love that everything is made from natural ingredients.
- All products are 100% guaranteed so you can shop with confidence. Read about it HERE.
- If you want to host an online or home party and get free or discounted product, contact me HERE. Or if you live close by and want to try the product, just let me know and you are welcome to come on over.
- Ready to purchase? Click HERE.
Need more answers to FAQs? Click HERE
Labels: eyelashes, make-up, Younique