Our family is not a big pumpkin pie family; quite frankly, we can do Thanksgiving without it. What we cannot do without, is Grandma's Chocolate Marshmallow Pie. I remember looking forward to it every year!
After we moved away and had to do Thanksgiving without Grandma, I missed a lot of things about her fantastic cooking, but I knew I had to get her recipe for the pie. She makes hers with a traditional pie crust, but as a new cook, that was a little daunting for me, so I went with the pre-made Oreo crust and loved it even more! Chocolate Marshmallow Oreo Pie is now the dish my kids request every Thanksgiving! Hope it becomes a family favorite for you too.
|This is an almost done pie without the whipped cream and chocolate shavings...|
1 large box of Jell-O instant Chocolate pudding
1 small box of Jell-O instant Chocolate pudding
1 large bag mini marshmallows
1 package dream whip
2 Oreo cookie pie crusts
1. In a large bowl, prepare both boxes of pudding as directed, but reduce milk by 1/2 cup. Refrigerate while you are preparing marshmallows.
2. Melt marshmallows on the stove with a little bit of butter to keep them from sticking. Stir constantly.
3. You will need TWO people for this part: Slowly have one person pour the melted marshmallows into the pudding mixture while the other person vigorously whisks and mixes them in. You must do this part quickly so the marshmallows do not become stringy.
4. Prepare one package of Dream Whip as directed and gently fold it into the pudding mixture.
5. Pour the pudding evenly into both pie crusts and let set over night.
6. Enjoy with whipped cream and chocolate shavings! Yum!
Labels: recipes, Thanksgiving